I love mashed potatoes. May it be a very common, old-fashioned mashed potatoes, or baked mashed potatoes, fried potato mousse, grated mashed potatoes, or mashed potatoes with other root vegetables. There is just something about mashed potatoes that I truly loved and addicted to.
So now it’s about mashed potatoes. Baked mashed potatoes. You can bake it in portion form, or you can bake it, as I have done here, in a dish.
Baked mashed potatoes – recipe
It is not very difficult to make baked mashed potatoes. Actually, you can make the mashed potatoes as you usually do and bake it in the oven afterwards, but I think it will be more delicious and fluffy if you add eggs.
In principle, you can also bring all sorts of spices and herbs in, bacon or chopped nuts. But in the following recipe, we choose the “pure” items.
Serving: Maximum of 4 persons
- 1 kg of potatoes – like flour so they cook well, eg. baking potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 1/2 whipped cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
How to make baked mashed potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into smaller pieces.
- Bring the potatoes in a pot and add water into it.
- Boil the potatoes tenderly – approx. 20 minutes – depending on how small you have cut them out, of course.
- Pour the water and put the pan back on the fire – and steam the potatoes completely dry.
- Now turn on the oven at 225 ° C
- Mash the potatoes and add the whip butter and cream in.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the flour into a bowl and add the eggs one at a time into it. Mix well before the next egg yolk is added.
- Whip the egg whites stiff and turn them gently into the mashed potatoes.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter.
- Spread most of the mashed potatoes in the dish, but save a little as you can put on tops. It is of course not necessary for the sake of taste, but it looks great.
- Put the dish in the oven until the mashed potatoes are golden and crispy at the edge – approx. 25 minutes.
What can you serve baked mashed potatoes with?
When the delicious mashed potato is taken out of the oven, it is ready to be served. But with what? So, in reality, you can serve baked mashed potatoes along with everything you serve with ordinary mashed potatoes.
Like with ordinary mashed potatoes, it is nice with a sauce of some kind that can give a little moisture to the moss. It can be steak stroganoff, million dollar steak, ossobuco or maybe beef tenderloin.
The good thing about the baked mashed potatoes in front of the ordinary is that you can make the mash in advance, put it on the fridge and put it in the oven for about half an hour before serving. It is an advantage if you want guests for dinner. So you do not have to stand in the kitchen for longer than most necessary.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes