Baked potatoes – Potatoes are a delicious vegetable, root crop or whatever you want. There are so many different ways it can be cooked. For the most part, we eat potatoes as an accompaniment to our dinner dishes. And there are a countless of ways as to how it can be cooked.
Boiled potatoes are probably the way we cook potatoes most often. But raw, baked, and deep-fried potatoes are also cooking methods most of us oftenly use. The boiled potatoes can also be browned, bras or mosses. The mashed potatoes can be baked afterwards and then there is another kind of accessory.
Should it be really nice, maybe we do Pommes Anna, a classic French dish of sliced, layered potatoes cooked in a very large amount of melted butter.
Baked Potatoes with fillings
Of course, you can always cook potatoes the way that you want it to be. You can customized, experiment, or maybe add some fillings to your ordinary baked potatoes. Though, it can be serve as an regular boiled or baked potatoes, however, there is no harm to experiment on the kind of fillings that makes an ordinary to extraordinary. Here, you can find another means of serving potatoes with fillings.
Servings: max. 4 persons
- 8 roughly equal baking potatoes
- 125 g bacon
- 100 g of mushrooms
- 1 red onions
- 1-1½ avocado
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 100 g mascarpone
How to make baked potatoes
- Turn on the oven at 200 ° C.
- Scrub the potatoes free of soil or other dirt – remove any sprouts and ugly stains.
- Wipe the potatoes.
- Pierced the potatoes with a pin and put it in a tray – potatoes can explode when heated in the oven, and you will not want to.
- Put the potatoes in the oven and let them bake (pull out the pin and inspect if the insides are cooked). It takes about 1 hour depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Cut the bacon into smaller pieces, and sprinkle them brightly on a dry frying pan.
- Cut the mushrooms into slices and put them into the bacon, grease until all the liquid is gone.
- Pell the avocados and remove the seed and cut it into smaller cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes, and onions into the smaller pieces.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, cut a deep cross on one wide side and squeeze so that the potato opens – it may be a good idea to use a pot for the purpose.
- Mix the mascarpone, avocado, onions, mushrooms, bacons, and garlic
- So it’s just about filling the potatoes. Either you can serve the accessories in small bowls so that you can fill your potatoes yourself – or you can also go out of any ingredients that you do not like – or you can serve and serve the potatoes ready to eat.
- Baked potatoes are the easy to eat with a teaspoon.
You can possibly serving a good green salad if the dish serves as a main meal. You can also serve one potato per head if the dish should serve as a starter.
Tip: You can bake potatoes in the microwave. 4 large baked potatoes must have approx. 12-15 minutes for full power. They must be reversed when half of the time has elapsed. It would be faster!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour