Banana Muffins! Some love them, others hate them. I like banana muffins so much, and so do the kids too. Now, you and your kids can do hand in hand the making of the ultimate recipe – BANANA MUFFINS.
The good thing about banana muffins – in addition to the taste, of course – is that they are made from bananas, which everyone in our family likes to eat anyway. One thing to be notice in making this recipe is the color of the banana skin. The darker the skin is or more the dark spots on the skin is, the sweeter it tastes. When the banana peel is dark, it does not mean that it’s bad, but just that it is ripe – the browner, the more mature.
Tip: If you think your bananas are overripe, do not throw them away. Make a banana muffins or banana cake instead.
Recipe for Banana Muffins
Here you get the recipe for my child-friendly banana muffins – both child-friendly to make and eat.
Servings: 30 pcs max.
- 230 g butter
- 5 ripe bananas – very mature. The more mature, the better
- 4 eggs
- 400 g sugar
- 70 g oatmeal
- 1½ dl buttermilk
- 425 g of wheat flour
- 3 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
Here’s how you do it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. It should not be overcooked or change its color from golden to brown.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork – children can easily do that. Especially when the bananas are very ripe, they are also very soft.
- Whip egg and sugar white and airy.
- Add the melted butter, mashed bananas, oatmeal and buttermilk and mix well. Even the smallest children can contribute.
- Mix flour, vanilla sugar, cardamom, baking soda and salt and pour it into the bowl with the banana mixture and mix it into a smooth, uniform mass and consistency.
- Turn on the oven at 180 ° C.
- Distribute the dough into muffin molds – use if necessary paper or silicone shape as you put in a muffin baking tray, they are well controlled and the children can participate.
- Bake the muffins for approx. 15 minutes until they are pierced. The baking time may vary. Partly because ovens differ, and partly because there may be differences in the size of muffin molds. Pierced one or two of the muffins with a meat pin or the like. If you’re hungry, you have to wait longer.
Eat the banana peel
You may not think so, but you buy organic bananas – and you do it of course – it’s a good idea to eat peeled.
Immediately, it may not seem that delicious – cool and bitter. But it’s healthy. You do not have to eat it “raw”. You can blend it and make a smoothie of it or you can boil a banana with peel and without ending in a little water for approx. 10 minutes, then let it take a few minutes. Then you get a tea that contains all the healthy substances from both fruit and peel. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Banana peel contains up to three times as many of the vitamins and nutrients as in the banana itself.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes