A traditional burger, hamburger, beef sandwich is a sliced bun with a steak of minced beef – with a lot of additives, unless you make it yourself – salad, onion – raw or roasted – tomatoes and cucumber salad as well as mustard and ketchup.
But you can choose to come in other things too like salad mayonnaise, cheese, bacon, sauce – brown or béarnaise.
But you can also replace the steak with fish or chicken fillet, ribs or meatballs, or you can make a pulled pork burger.
Traditional burger – recipe
Here you get the recipe for a – almost – traditional burger. Such as one with steak and bun. If you have time and effort, you will of course make your own home-made burger bun.
Servings: 4 pcs
- 400 g minced beef
- oil and / or butter for frying
- 4 burger buns
- 4 slices of cheese
- ½-1 lettuce – depending on the type and the size
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 pickled cucumbers
- tomato Ketchup
- Mustard – of my choice, I use dijon
- Salt and pepper
Here’s how you do it
- Form the meat to four flat, even steaks – the thinner, the better they are getting smaller in the perimeter and bigger in height.
- Chop the steaks on both sides with a knife – just so they get a checkered pattern. It gives a good, even surface and a better cropping.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn on the oven at 175 ° C.
- Brown, and stir the steaks either in fat or on grill pan.
- Flip the steaks until they are cooked – 3-4 minutes on each side – unless you are sure that it is a quality meat and you want it a little pink-red.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of the steaks when desired.
- Place the burger buns in the oven – if they are not freshly baked.
- Rinse the lettuce and tear or cut it in smaller pieces if you feel like it.
- You can also peel the skin off before cutting into small pieces.
- Rinse the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Cut the pickled cucumbers in slices.
- Cut the burger bun across or horizontally.
- Grease one half with ketchup and the other with mustard.
- Put the lettuce on the bottom, a steak middle, a pair of onion rings, a pair of sliced tomatoes, a pickled cucumber and finally bun on top and the base.
- Press lightly together.
Then it is served! Burgers do not necessarily be eaten with a knife and fork. You can choice what you you’ll eat it for surely it tastes the same.
For the burgers you can serve French fries and / or salad. Most people would prefer a coke to drink, but if the guests are a little more adults in their taste, you can serve a Bordeaux or a Barbera d’Alba.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes