Crème Brûlée – Do you love dessert or even love to make dessert? Then try to make crème brûlée. Why? Because crème brûlée is the ultimate dessert among all others.
You do not need to worry about making this masterpiece. It isn’t hard to make rather it is super easy and it tastes so great that you can hear the birds singing. That’s why it is fun! This dish, you are allowed to play with fire.
What is Creme Brulee?
Crème Brûlée is a French dessert – a classic French dessert. Brûlée is French for burnt – hence sometimes the dish is called burnt cream. It is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel (made from burning the sugar so that melts).
Creme Brulee – Recipe
Now let’s get started because it takes patience to make this dish. It takes a long time since the dish is normally served at room temperature. So, you have to cool it down before serving.
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ vanilla bar
- 4 egg yolks
- 85 g + 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2½ dl whipped cream
- 1 dl of whole milk
- Turn on the oven at 160 ° C, conventional heat.
- Scrape the grains out of the half-vanilla bar.
- Mix them with egg yolks and the 85 g sugar, and mix with a stirrer manually. Now pour the whipped cream and milk into it a little at a time while continuously stirring. Tip: You can heat the whipped cream and milk together just until it begins to boil on the edge before adding it.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve.
- Distribute the mixture into four ovenproof dishes or ramekin of approx. 2 dl each.
- Put the ramekin on a pan tray, sheet pan or similar, and fill boiling water into the tray just until the water fills halfway up the sides of the ramekin.
- Bake the crème brûlées for 30 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, they must tremble/bounce. They settle when they get cold.
- Now place the dishes in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours – do not cover them.
- Distribute the last tablespoon of sugar over the desserts and burn them with a gas burner or gas torch until the sugar is caramelized.
- Settle for about 3 minutes. Then, immediately serve the finished cream brûlée.
Tip: If you do not like your Crème brûlées uncovered in the fridge, you can lids over each dish. It must be placed tightly close the reason is that condensation cannot be formed. And it’s even easier to avoid if you do not cover them.
Some ovens do not heat properly because heat more or less than the set temperature. Therefore keep an eye on your cream brûlées. Do not bubble while baking. If they start on it, turn down the heat.
Creme Brulee burns
If you do not have a gas burner – a crème brûlée burner – you can still serve crème brûlée.
Put the chilled bowls down in an ice-cold water bath – preferably with ice cubes. Pour the sugar and put them in the top of the oven and grill them until the sugar is melted and colored.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3½ hours
See other delicious cakes here.