It’s Cucumber Time – not like there’s nothing to write about, but like fresh, crisp Danish cucumbers to grab. So why not make cucumber salad.
Classic! Cucumber salad is a dish the Germans could be proud of. Known as Gurkensalat in Germany, the popular side dish pave its way 7,857 km distance to the heights of America. It’s light, refreshing, and easy to make.
Talking about a hot summer weather, cucumber salad is perfect for a side dish. It’s the greatest side for just anything you put on the grill. Also, it’s perfect to serve alongside with chicken, fish, or steak.
Homemade cucumber salad
There’s no point on buying already made cucumber salad because it’s just so easy to make like learning ABC. It isn’t just tastes delightful, but you also know what’s in your salad if you are going to make it.
Easy cucumber salad – quick recipe
There are, however, many ways to make cucumber salad. The first thing you get here is the easiest and fastest – it can be eaten almost immediately.
- sugar and vinegar – half and half – 150 to 200 ml
- 1 cucumber
- Salt and pepper
How to make cucumber salad
- Mix vinegar and sugar and season it with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices.
- Bring the cucumber discs into the edible soda when the sugar is dissolved and let them soaked for ½ hour.
Someone leaves the cucumber slices into coarse salt for 10 minutes, after which they squeeze the liquid out of the cucumber discs, and only then they turn into juice that they added water. I like the juice from the cucumber added into vinegar instead of adding water, so I do not use this method.
You can see how to make the recipe in 1 minute in the video recipe below.
You can get more video recipes by following Quick YouTube on YouTube by -> clicking here <- (opens a new window with our YouTube channel) and then pressing the red button in the upper right corner, which says “Subscribe.”
Old fashioned cucumber salad – recipe
Should you make a good old-fashioned cucumber salad, take it a little longer and you need a little more ingredients to get a luxurious edition of the salad.
- 1 tsp. whole dried cilantro seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 whole carnations
- 3-4 whole peppercorns
- 200 ml vinegar
- 200 ml water
- 2 dl sugar
- 1 cucumber
- Salt and pepper
Here’s how you do it
- Bring coriander seeds, bay leaves, cloves and whole peppercorns in a tea bag of paper – a tea can also be used.
- Bring vinegar, water and spice in a saucepan and let it boil.
- Allow it to cool slightly – it must still be warm – and spice up the taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices, pour over the layer and allow it to take at least a couple of hours.
Thai cucumber salad
If you are fun of Thai food, you may want to make Thai cucumber salad. Just as before, cut the cucumber into thin slices, but instead of just a plain vinegar mix, add a couple of tablespoons of rice vinegar and a couple of tablespoons of fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, add the cucumber discs into the mixture and let them draw for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Traditional cucumber salad tastes great for, for example, with pork chop or meatballs, while the Thai variant tastes good with fish-cakes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
If you have good suggestions for the dish, or would you like to have found another variation of it, please comment below.