Nuggets really means ‘lumps’ in English. Chicken or chicken nuggets are probably the best known nuggets. Those you buy (both burger bars and frost) are usually a residual product.
When you buy chicken nuggets in fast food restaurants or frost in the supermarket, they are usually made from bone crab, cartilage, fat and the like from the chicken – nothing I would call ‘meat’. But the thick panning and probably also the salad mayonnaise makes the kids – and some adults – love them.
It is junk food of worst – or best – disappointment. As a rule, there is very little chicken in it, but on the other hand, it has a bit of a double pan of both flour and rasp, which does not saturate especially for a long time or, for that matter, contributes something nutritious to our body. It’s junk food.
Junk food or fast food
Junkfood is nutritional food that gives no or only a small sense of satiety. Fast food is food ready when you buy it. Fast food is not necessarily junk food, but junk food is usually fast food.
Nuggets Homemade Recipe
However, both the dishes, known as junk food and as fast food, are easy to make. If you make your own nuggets, then you can make junk food into fast food. Chicken nuggets are now not very quickly made, because they like pulling after they have been paned.
You need it for 4 people
- 500-600 g chicken meat – preferably the breast fillet and with as little water as possible
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl rasp
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- Butter and flavor-free oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
How to make nuggets
- Cut the meat into lumps of a size that you think is appropriate.
- Beat the eggs into a bowl and whip them together.
- Pour the rasp in a plate or on a piece of food paper, and mix the peppers, salt and pepper in.
- Turn the chicken pieces into egg and then into rasp. Make sure that eggs and rasp come on all sides of the meat.
- Bring the paned nuggets into a bowl with a little of the rasp mix at the bottom and between each layer you put in the bowl. Pour the last of the rasp mix over after you finish the last layer.
- Place the bowl and contents covered in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Heat a pan well with butter and oil and stir the paned chicken at medium and one layer at a time. Steps until they are translucent and have a golden color.
Chicken nuggets taste good with French fries (we know that from the fast food / junk food restaurants), raw vegetables – for example carrot and cucumber stews, radishes and tomatoes – or a delicious salad such as bean salad and remoulade, chili sauce, ketchup and / or salad mayonnaise.
Salad mayonnaise can be manufactured by mixing equal parts of mayonnaise and sour cream or similar sour milk product and taste with crushed garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Alternatively, you can get the paned chicken pieces in a pan, hard roll, tortilla or the like with salad and dressing of a kind.
Preparation time: 3¼ hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes