Fattoush is a nutritious salad from Lebanese cuisine, which is also very delicious. Fattoush literally means “bare salad”. It is a mixture of different vegetables, croutons of flat pita bread and a delicious dressing. If it’s supposed to be correct, it must be Lebanese bread since the dish belongs to the family of dishes known as fattat, which uses stale flatbread as a base.
Fattoush includes vegetables and herbs according to season and taste.
Servings: max. of 6 persons
- ½ dl olive oil
- 2 tablespoons. lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon. dried mint
- 2 -3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large naan bread, chapatti – or other flatbread
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 10 radishes
- 1 red onions
- 3 scallions
- Brussels sprouts
- 1 dl chopped broad-parsley
- ½ dl fresh chopped mint leaves
Course of action
- Create a dressing out of a spoonful of oil, lemon juice, dried mint, and crushed garlic. Season with salt
- Put the dressing in the refrigerator.
- Tear the bread into asymmetrical pieces and place them on a baking sheet coated with baking paper and put in the oven at 250 ° C for approx. 4 minutes.
- Cut tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers.
- Cut radishes in thin, half slices
- Cut the scallions into thin rings.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into halves.
- Mix all the vegetables together in a large bowl.
- Remove the dressing from the fridge and taste it again. It must be strong in taste.
- Mix the dressing and the vegetables.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs (crush half of the bread) and serve the rest of the bread.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes