According to the Swedish Food Agency’s official dietary advice, you should eat at least 300 g of vegetables a day. Wondering how you would be able to do this? Well, there are many ways to get extra vegetables. The most important thing is to eat vegetables as an accompaniment to the meals, but it may be a bit monotonous and it’s also not always easy to have the whole family eat it green. But that’s the advice!
Cauliflower meatballs are not something many have a relationship with, but meatballs are a dish almost everyone likes and it can be cooked in a sea of ways. Some meatballs are made from oatmeal, others are with milk in, and some are paired with a curry, etc. etc.
MEATBALLS as VEGETARIAN FOOD
Meatballs as the name suggest contain meat in it – pork or mixed pork and beef. However, you can easily make tasty meatballs without meat. Yes! It can be called as meatless balls. You can use vegetables, root vegetables, rice, lentils, nuts, or anything you like. By doing that, you can now serve meatballs to the vegetarians.
Cauliflower meatballs with sauce
You can make variety of dip you can serve with cauliflower meatballs. In the picture they are served with a tomato salad with grape dumplings, shallots and vinegar / oil, boiled asparagus potatoes, steamed carrots and a pickled parsley sauce.
If your family is not completely ready to eat pure vegetarian meatballs, you can choose to cook for example half of this vegetarian dish and mix it with minced pork.
How to cook Cauliflower Meatballs
Servings: approximately 3 to 4 persons
- 3 head cauliflower
- 1 frozen, thinned spinach
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp. dried merian
- 3 tablespoons. oatmeal – use Urtekram’s oatmeal, which is both organic and gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons. wheat flour
- 1 egg
- Margarine / lubricating
- Put the cauliflower and spinach for draining. It is important that they are drain well and thoroughly otherwise it gets too wet – and then you will end up with cauliflower cakes instead of meatballs. Cook for 30 minutes. Afterwards, slice into thin pieces.
- Grind or blend onion, garlic, carrot and spinach, and mix it with cauliflower, marjoram, oatmeal and flour.
- Add the egg and stir well with and season with salt and pepper.
- Push the mixture hard together to the frying pan, the harder you press them together, the better they keep the shape during the frying.
- Bring a mixture of margarine / butter and oil on a frying pan, and stir the cauliflower fry golden. Turn a couple of times along the way.
Have fun and welcome!