How to Make Chicken Sandwich Spread Filipino Style – Sandwich spreads comes in a variety of forms. If you’re craving something savory, you should try out this Filipino-style sandwich spread. You’ll find that there are plenty of Filipino recipes for savory sandwich spreads. In fact, there is an entire brand that gives a list of options for savory sandwich spreads. This brand is called Lady’s Choice. The brand offers a selection of spreads ranging from a chicken spread to a tuna spread. A Filipino-style chicken sandwich is generally easy to make. What’s more, it comes with plenty of options you can try. If you want to go for a more general style of chicken sandwich spread, you can try this recipe:
Filipino Chicken Sandwich Spread
- 1 pound chicken (thighs, legs, or breast)
- 1 small onion quartered (quartered)
- 10 pieces peppercorn
- 3 big shallots (or 1 medium red onion chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (cooked and chopped into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- ½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a pot, add 4 cups of water, quartered onion, peppercorn, 1 teaspoon salt, chicken and carrots. Boil chicken until tender. Remove carrots when soft but crisp. Don’t discard liquid, use it to make soup like tinolang manok or arroz caldo.
- Shred chicken, chop carrots and shallot or onions into tiny cubes.
- Combine and blend chicken, onion or shallot, carrots, sweet relish, salt and ground pepper.
- Stir-in mayonnaise. Taste, add more mayo, salt and ground pepper, if needed.
- Place in fridge for an hour to blend well.
- Toast bread. Add tomato or lettuce if you like and slathered with chicken sandwich spread. Enjoy!
- Don’t throw away the water you boiled the ingredients in because you can use it to make other Filipino dishes like tinolang manok or arroz caldo, which are soup dishes.
What Else to Know on How to Make Chicken Sandwich Spread Filipino Style
As stated, there are plenty of options when it comes to this savory sandwich spread. For one thing, there are other ingredients you can add for extra flavoring. If you like a mix of sweet and savory, you can add some minced pineapples to the mix. You can also opt for some hard-boiled eggs added to the mixture for extra richness. Otherwise, you can try using the spread on other types of bread. Aside from this, you’ll want to watch out for how you store the spread. As a dish involving mayonnaise, the spread can only last up to three days when refrigerated. If you leave the spread out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, you’ll end up with a dish that needs to be discarded.
In addition to these tips, there are plenty of other ways you can enjoy the chicken sandwich spread aside from applying it on bread. If you’re looking for a light snack, you can use the spread as a dip for some crackers. You can also use the spread to enhance different dishes like breakfast burritos and salads. There are plenty of uses for this spread dish aside from being in a sandwich.