Beef Sisig Recipe – Sisig is a Filipino dish usually served on a sizzling metal plate. It also involves pork and chicken liver. More than this, it pairs well with rice and is extra nice with egg on top. While the dish usually calls for pork and chicken liver, there are alternatives. For example, if you want something healthier, you can replace the meat with tuna. Want something else to try instead of pork or fish? Then you’ll want to try beef sisig. This sisig variation basically replaces the protein with beef. While it may not seem like much, it brings a twist to the general flavor profile and is a great way to try something different with beef. There are different ways to make the alternative recipe and this is one of them:
- 1 kilo beef tenderloin with fat
- 1/4 kilo beef liver or chicken Liver
- 1/2 cup soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 5 pcs bird’s eye chili or siling labuyo crushed
- 4 medium size white onion chop into small cubes
- 1 head garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into small cubes
- 3 pcs lemon or calamansi
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 beef broth cube
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (or until you get your preferred flavoring)
- Slice the beef into strips about half an inch thick and marinate them in soy sauce and vinegar for about one hour.
- Once the meat is marinated, heat up a pan and fry the meat is golden brown then set it aside.
- Boil the beef or chicken liver and fry it like the beef strips. Once its fried, slice the liver into medium-sized cubes and set it aside.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or heavy skillet, then saute garlic and onion, chili, and bell pepper.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the soy sauce and vinegar mixture from the beef marinade.
- Simmer the mixture for a few minutes then add the pepper, beef broth cube, and season with salt. Make sure to stir them in to incorporate the flavors.
- When the mixture is simmering, pour it on the fried beef strips and liver.
- Add the mayonnaise and some lemon juice then mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a heated metal plate and serve it hot
Other Notes on a Beef Sisig Recipe
Beef sisig is one of the many ways you can try sisig. It is also one of the simpler recipes if you want to try your hand at making sizzling plate dishes. As stated, this dish pairs well with rice and egg on top. It is especially good when you have the plate sizzling and crack an egg on top then mix it in. You can also try the dish with java rice. There is no shortage of ways you can try and enjoy sisig.