Do you like mashed potatoes, but at the same time you want to be free of the very starchy potatoes? If you say so, here is an excellent alternative one for you to check out! You will be amazed at how well it tastes.
Now, you might think, “Why, in the name of heaven, do I replace my delicious, airy mashed potatoes?” I have my answer to that question. If you are aiming to achieve a body that gents or girls go crazy, and if you’re very mindful with your diet, then the cauliflower mash has significantly lower calorie than that of the potatoes.
Cauliflower mash recipe
You can add all sorts of flavors to your cauliflower in the form of spices, herbs, roasted mushrooms, or whatever you like to taste delicious.
- 1 cauliflower head
- 45 g butter
- spices or other desired flavors
How to make cauliflower mash:
- Remove the green leaves and the stick from the cauliflower and divide the cauliflower into small bouquets or florets.
- Place the cauliflower on a pot with water. It must be steamed not boiled. If you don’t have a steamer, you can do this by adding water in a pot, insert a sieve, put the cauliflower in the sieve, and then cover it with the pot lid. *
- Steam the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until it is tender – completely tender. The amount of time consumed depends on the size of the bouquets.
- Pour the cauliflower into a food processor, along with the butter and spices and a little salt.
- Now run the processor and mashed. It takes some time, so have patience and never add liquid because the moss will become wet and soggy. **
- Taste further when the bog has got the perfect consistency
* If you cannot find a steamer, boil the cauliflower in a little water and then squeeze the water out of it by draining it in a barrel and drain it with the help of a potato press.
** An electric whisker (with whipping) can also be used if you are not one of the happy food processor owners.
You can serve the mash for all the dishes you would normally serve mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower mash for LCHF enthusiasts
As mentioned, cauliflower is a good option when you want to follow, for example, the LCHF diet. LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) means you should eat fewer carbohydrates (especially sugar and starch) and eat more fatty foods. When you follow a certain lifestyle costly, there will often be some food you want to delete on your diet and of them is the mashed potato. To compensate your delight for mashed potatoes, the cauliflower mash is best.
Cauliflower cheese with cheese
If you think, the above dish is best, then you surely yet to taste the mashed cauliflower with cheese which is more exquisite. The above recipe added with 100 g of neutral cream cheese will give a boost to both the flavor and consistency of the dish.
You can also use parmesan blended together with butter.
Cauliflower mash with other vegetables
If you do not want to cope with cauliflower, you may want to mix it with other vegetables, like broccoli pumpkin or root vegetables (if you are not at LCHF diet).
As you can see, there are a lot of options on how to improve the dish. Good appetite!