Homemade Mango ice cream with condensed milk is a delightful dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It is sweet, refreshing, and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious mango ice cream recipe, then you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll be sharing a mango ice cream recipe that uses condensed milk, making it even more creamy and decadent.
Health Benefits of Homemade Mango Ice Cream
Homemade mango ice cream not only tastes delicious but also offers a range of health benefits. Mangoes, the main ingredient in this ice cream, are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They are a rich source of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and helps the body absorb iron more efficiently. Mangoes also contain vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining healthy skin and eyesight. Additionally, mangoes are high in dietary fiber, which aids in digestion and helps to lower cholesterol levels.
By making mango ice cream at home, you have control over the ingredients and can make healthier choices. This recipe uses sweetened condensed milk instead of sugar, which reduces the calorie content of the ice cream. Furthermore, heavy cream, the other main ingredient, contains healthy fats that can help to improve cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. So, while enjoying this delicious treat, you can also reap the health benefits that come with it. Read More on:
- 2 cups of fresh mango pulp
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Peel and chop the fresh mangoes into small pieces. Put them in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. If you prefer smoother ice cream, you can strain the puree through a sieve to remove any lumps or fibers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mango puree with the sweetened condensed milk. Stir well until everything is well combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Add the vanilla extract and continue to whip until the vanilla is fully incorporated.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mango puree mixture. Be careful not to overmix, as this could cause the mixture to become runny.
- Pour the mixture into a large, airtight container and cover it with a lid or plastic wrap. Place the container in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or until the ice cream is fully frozen.
- Once the ice cream is frozen, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften slightly. This will make it easier to scoop and serve.
- Serve the mango ice cream in bowls or cones and enjoy!
Tips For Mango Ice Cream With Condensed Milk:
- Use ripe mangoes for the best flavor. If you can’t find fresh mangoes, you can use canned mango pulp instead.
- Make sure to chill your mixing bowl and whisk in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before whipping the cream. This will make it easier to achieve stiff peaks.
- To add some texture to your mango ice cream, you can mix in some chopped nuts, such as pistachios or almonds, or some shredded coconut before freezing.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make this recipe by hand. Simply stir the mixture every hour or so while it’s freezing to prevent it from
- becoming too icy.
FAQs for MANGO ICE CREAM WITH CONDENSED MILK RECIPE
Here are some frequently asked questions about making mango ice cream with condensed milk:
1. Can I use canned mango pulp instead of fresh mangoes?
Yes, you can use canned mango pulp if you can’t find fresh mangoes. Just make sure to buy a good quality brand that doesn’t contain any added sugars or preservatives.
2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?
You can use half and half or light cream instead of heavy cream if you want to reduce the fat content of the recipe. However, the ice cream may not be as creamy and rich.
3. Can I use a different type of milk instead of condensed milk?
Condensed milk gives the ice cream its creamy texture and sweetness, but you can use evaporated milk or regular milk instead. Just keep in mind that you may need to adjust the amount of sugar you use to achieve the desired sweetness.
4. Can I add other fruits or flavors to the recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different fruits and flavors to create your own unique ice cream recipes. Some popular additions to mango ice cream include coconut, cardamom, and lime.
5. Do I need an ice cream maker to make this recipe?
No, you don’t need an ice cream maker to make this recipe. However, using an ice cream maker can help to achieve a smoother, creamier texture. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still make the recipe by hand, but you may need to stir the mixture every hour or so while it’s freezing to prevent it from becoming too icy.
Making mango ice cream with condensed milk is a great way to elevate your dessert game. This recipe is easy to follow and requires only a few simple ingredients, making it perfect for beginners or anyone looking for a quick and delicious dessert. With its sweet, creamy texture and tropical mango flavor, this ice cream is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it. So, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start making some mango ice cream today!